Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Getting along

I thought it was really cool cause today my piano teacher (oh how I love this lady) said that Ashley and I had to be the most loving sisters she has ever seen. That made me really happy, because I would hate to ever appear otherwise. The truth is, Ashley and I are always very loving, and get along SUPER well. Of course we have our stupid disagreements or arguments that last for what? 10 minutes max? But over all, we have no problems with getting along. Ashley is definitely my BEST friend. What a blessing to have my best friend living under the same roof!

The Bible says, "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
-Psalm 133:1

I need to remember that loving the brethren isn't just siblings though. Yeah, Ashley and I get along so great and I make an effort because I love her so much. But I need to remember that the Lord also wants us to love others like this too. We need to make an effort to love others!

Another thing: Ashley loves me and is always sweet to me, which makes it easier. But whether we are treated the way WE think we should be treated or not, we always need to show the love of Christ. The greatest commandment is love right? It must be super important to Christ!

And for those who don't get along with their sib.....try getting to know them better and learn all about them. Make them your friend, not just someone whose ugly face you have to see everyday. TRY! It will pay off.

Gtg! REJOICE!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just want to let you know that I have seen this in you two before. And I have to say that it is one of the things I love the most about you two!!! I know how hard it can be living together every day, but to live with a loving sister is way easier and alot more fun than a mean hateful one!!!! I have four sisters, and I have to say that I love them all to death. But sometimes thing get hard and I have to work hard to keep my cool.
    I have to say though that we have almost no trouble getting along thankfully!!! ALMOST!!!!
    Can you imagine what in would be like if all seven of us kids could not get along!!! That would be terrible!!! Thanks for writing.
    Oh and next time you see me ask about this, because I am having some trouble along this line!!! Thanks Nate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Nate! I will definitely ask you about this when I see you! Hey! How is your.....grandmother? Is that right? I heard that she is not doing good. Just wanted to check up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!! Thanks for asking about my grandmother. She is out of the hospital now and resting and taking it easy!!! She has a pretty good size spit in her stomach where they cut for the operation!!! They had to cut about a five inch section in her stomach to do operation!!! And she is also very weak so she can't really do much!!! I went over to there home the other day, and it was hard to see her like that!!! You know, Usually her voice is happy and full of energy!!! But I could tell by her voice that this is hurting her more then she will let you know!!! So pray for her and know that she is ok, but she is just on the long road to recover from having part of her colon removed!!! Thanks for asking it makes me feel alot better!!!! Thank you Nate!?!???

    ReplyDelete