Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Why Crazy Daisy?

I know that my old name for my blog was so amazing, "For the love of cheese balls"....I know you will miss it. *snickers* But I had to change it because that was my temporary name for it while it was under construction! I can't name a blog "for the love of cheese balls" when the main reason I have this thing is so I can share what I'm learning about Christ. *laughs* That would be pointless.

But the reason I named my blog "Crazy Daisy" is because:
1. Daisies are my all time favorite flower.
2. I'm Crazy.....only sometimes.....*wink*
3. Some of my favorite verses in the Bible are about a plant. (Let me share)

Okay the verses are found in Jeremiah 17, verses 5-8. "Thus says the Lord: 'Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out it's roots by the stream, and does not fear when hear comes. For its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.'"

I just think those verses are amazing because they create a picture for me of a person whose is grounded in Christ. I want to be someone who is striving to get nutrients from Christ, and who can't get enough of Him. When you think about it, why wouldn't we? He is the Creator of this whole universe, and He gave His life for ME! Why wouldn't we not want to know every thing about Him?

Also, this past week of Camp, one of the "I AM" verses that we studied was "I am the True Vine." I love those verses because the Lord is where I need to get my nutrition. If I take what the world offers I will wither and die. Only God can give me what I need. And this is life changing! Because if I dwell in Christ, and Him in me, I will bear good fruit. My life will be changed forever, never to be the same again. It's the process of sanctification...but that's a long conversation for another day....trust me, I will get to it! =)

Anyways, that's why I names my blog "Crazy Daisy"....cause it's cute, and it makes me think of these verses. Well, hope some of that made sense. My ramblings can get a little confusing at times. But thanks for reading anyhow!


5 comments:

  1. Hey!!! Love the name and LOVE the meaning!!!! Everything cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Aw! Thanks Nate! I'm glad you like it! I finally had enough time to sit down and finish this thing. It was looking straggly there for a while! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Precious One,

    Enjoyed reading your blog. Wonderful words of encouragement. I know what you mean about quotes...it's even fun to make up your own. Yes, you are a bit crazy...but I LOVE IT!! You are loved much and so very special to me!! xo

    "Children of the Living God..." lol

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW! Mrs. Oakes, Yyu are so sweet! Thanks for always being such a great friend! You are very special to me too!

    Hey, you are a bit crazy yourself! LOL!

    Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becca! Cool blog! I will look forward to all your posts! :D

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete