Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 1: My best friend

Okay, well this one is gonna be loooong because my best friend is incredible. No, it's not Ashley. I mean Ashley is super special and she's my amazing friend who lives with me and sees every side of me and knows TOO much about me. Shes like my best friend but in a sister way. And that's great, but it just doesn't count. I don't know what I would do without her cause she is such a great friend and I am the craziest around her and my most serious around her, and it's great to have someone so special live right under your own roof. BUT! My best friend is most definitely Brian.

Dear Brian,
Gosh, I don't even know where to start. *smiles* You have been the greatest friend. You have always been there for me and constantly have pointed me toward Christ. When we first met, I was going through some hard times and I was troubled in many ways, but you helped me through that and showed me Christ's unending love. You showed me that I need to be myself and not live to please others. You showed me that God is who I need to serve, and Him only. You have always been there for me when I need to vent out my problems and when I just need to laugh. You are such a good listener and always care about what's going on. With all the crap that has gone on in my family, not once have you ever said anything negative....when that's what would be the easiest to do. Instead, you point me to Christ and tell me that He has a plan and that I need to trust Him. Sometimes that would make me mad because I wanted you to get upset too, just so I could stir it around for a while and rehash it over and over to get it through my system. You always put a stop to that and just said something positive and reminded me that Christ knows and that somehow it will turn out good in the end, whether it's the way I planned or not.
When I'm down, you always can tell! It's freaky. Even if I try to hide it, you'll say, "Bec! What's wrong?" I will deny it but you never go for that. And when you know it, you always know the perfect thing to say to cheer me up and make me laugh. Some of my best memories are when both are laughing hysterically over the phone because of something we were saying.
I can totally be myself around you. It's totally cool. I never worry about how I look or act around you cause I want you to know the real Becca, and I know that you will still be friends with me if I'm not perfect all the time. Ya know? No make-up and sweatpants....who cares. It's such a great feeling to be okay with that.
I can tell you anything. You are always very open to hearing whatever I have to say. People say that guys have a hard time listening, but I'm just saying....you're the best listener that I have ever met! And that's including girls. Actually, I want to be as good of a listener as you are :)
Sometimes....no all the time....it's hard to live far away. But I thank the Lord for the opportunity to mature in that way. You still are always there just the same and I can always count on it.
I'm so thankful that the Lord brought you into my life. You truly are special to me and....whew! I'm getting teary!....you are there to laugh with, cry with, and ramble to, but most important: You are a Godly example and your faith is inspiring. You have no idea what an impact your life has made on mine. God is so good huh? I think so!

Love,
Bec

3 comments:

  1. That was THE cutest thing I have ever read in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! That made me smile Cookie! Well, I meant every bit of it, and most of what I wanted to say, I couldn't put into words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec! that is so sweet! thank you SO much! you mean the world to me too!! :) I Miss ya Bec! i'll wtyl!*smiles*

    ReplyDelete