Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why can't you shut up?

Okay, I have been really disturbed lately and this is why. I have noticed a lot of verbal persecution going around. People that I very highly respect will bash someone and then laugh about it! I notice this especially with guys but I know girls can do it too. I just have a question. "Why can't you shut up?" Is it really that hard to hold your tongue? What about this. Just think better of people and maybe the change of mindset would reflect your heart and turn your actions around.


To all guys: Let me tell you something. You want to be the top dawg? Earn it. A real man lefts people up and pushes himself down. It's called humility. An immature person will tear everyone else down trying to pull himself to the top. This is not how God wants you to act. The Bible says in Matthew 20 verse 16, "So the last will be first and the first will be last." The only way you will really be first is if you put yourself before others, love others more than your love yourself, treat others better than you treat yourself, and remember that you're not the only one Christ finds valuable. And another thing.....I don't know about all the other girls, but I respect guys who don't tear each other down. It shows real maturity and also it comes across as being secure in themselves. I don't want to marry a man that has to bash other children of God. That doesn't paint a good picture of how he would treat me. Just sayin! Any guy who has the strength to love others and speak only good to them....that's who I want to spend my life with. Be men! REAL men! Live like Jesus did and lift your brothers up as your strive to be more like Christ.

To the girls: I know that us women can get really caught up in drama and we get caught in the moment and feel like smack talking about someone. I KNOW THIS! I'm a girl and I understand. It's not right though!

Confession: Without even thinking, I will sometimes say something about someone I know, or even a complete stranger, that is totally and completely uncalled for. Nothing but blessing should come from my mouth! I sin every time I say something like that.

As women of God, we need to be loving and nurturing to everyone we come into contact with. Through our love and acceptance, others should be able to see Christ in us. When we say something negative about someone, you know what we are ultimately doing? Bashing ourselves. If we are incomplete without gossip and tearing up others, then we are insecure losers who need to get a grip of God's real love. His love is unconditional. No matter how you act, look, or smell. HELLO! I'm preaching to myself now! Could we just guard our tongue and speak things that will encourage others? God will bless our efforts. Let's try our very best to spread love everywhere we go.

Two verses to finish my thought, before I ramble on and on about it:

"And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell." James 3:6

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20




6 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a really good convincing post Beccs. For real. Thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have been thinking about the same thing lately. Thanks for the post, 'cause I was kinda confused about it all. I totally agree with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!...exactly the way i feel! :)

    -Brian-

    ReplyDelete
  4. this has been on my mind so much lately!! thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete