Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day six: My future spouse

This is really neat! I mean, how many people think of really writing a letter to their future spouse. I actually think that I'm gonna write an actual real letter, and save it and give it to my husband. And I probably will write several over the years, so I'll save them all and put them in date order and give them to him when we are married. How amazingly special would that be. It's almost like keeping myself accountable by developing a sort of relationship and bond with the man I will spend the rest of my life with. Ya know? Or does that totally not make any sense at all?

Dear Future Spouse,
I love you, whoever you are. That sounds weird huh? Well I do.....or will. I will love you more than anyone else in this world. But let's both make sure that the Lord is always the number one idol in our life....actually the ONLY idol in our lives. He needs to be all that we strive to become, during marriage AND before. If we run after Christ wholeheartedly, and make him number one in our lives, I know that our paths will cross and that we will know how perfect we are for each other. We will have peace knowing that it's right and God ordained.
God has stitched us perfectly for each other. Our stories mesh just right, our personalities are great together, we will love each other so much, and we will be willing to give our lives for each other. Crazy huh? It makes me happy to know that I will spend the rest of my life with someone wonderful and uniquely fit just for me. God is so great isn't He?
I will tell you all my thoughts, fears, past, and dreams, and you will listen to me and know more about me than anyone ever has. Lord willing you will think I'm the most perfect human being. I will tell you "You're crazy and deceived," if you say that, but really, those words will mean so much to me. I may not tell you so, but really, it will make me feel so special. You will be there for me when I need someone to cry to, laugh with, talk to, or when I just need to feel loved. You won't be perfect, but I will still love you when you aren't acting ideal. :)
I will be the one you can always come to, and I will love you with all my heart and with everything I have in me. I won't let a day go by where I won't say the words, "I love you." I will try my hardest to be the wife that I am meant to be. I will serve you and support you in everything that you undertake. I will be there to encourage you when you succeed, and also when you fail. I will be a mother to our children and raise them in a way that will make you proud. Most importantly though, I will make sure that I'm following close on Christ's heels, and I will be the spiritual woman that I need to be.
Now, this doesn't just start with marriage. It starts NOW. I am preparing myself everyday for the commitment to you. I will stretch and push myself to be honoring and loving, and God fearing. I am waiting for you, and making sure to keep myself pure for you. I have made mistakes, but I know that God is forgiving and I know that you will also forgive me. I'm going to make it my goal to live my life with you and God in the front of my mind. That way, I will live with the future in mind...not just seeking what I want in the present. It will all be worth it in the end, and you will be all that I have ever dreamed of. I won't have regrets if I do this all right. It will only be for the better
I love you and I will until the day I die. When I say my vows to you on our wedding day, i will mean them with all my heart. Only death will keep me away from you. When I say, "I do," that's exactly what I mean. Sickness and health, to honor and cherish till death do we part.

Your future wife,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment