Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Priorities

I'm reading this amazing book called, "Lies Women Believe," by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. (Which really could be for both men and women I THINK!) But this book is so incredible! I want to share one of the lies that I believe we all fall into! It's a lie about our priorities.

The Lie: "I don't have enough time to do everything I'm supposed to do."

When you ask someone how they are doing, what is their normal response, excluding "I'm good?" Think about it. People will say things like, "I'm so busy," or "I'm exhausted." Right? It's almost like we have gotten into the mind set that this life has TOO MUCH to accomplish and we just can't get it all done.

The Lord Jesus was given only a few short years on earth to accomplish the entire plan of redemption. Now HE had a long "to do" list, but at the end of His life on earth He was able to say " I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." (John 17:4)

Ask yourself this? How many times have you gone to bed at night and thought, "Wow! I got everything single thing that I wanted to get done...DONE!" That rarely ever happens to me. Normally I'm thinking of a mental list of things that I didn't get done that I'll make an effort to get done the following day.

So! How did Jesus get all that done, is so little time? Here's the key...."I have finished the work that thou gavest me to do." Jesus Christ was about His Father's business. Not the business of the multitudes, or His disciples. He did solely what God wanted Him to do.

God has given each one of us a certain "to do list" that He has planned out perfectly for us. The Truth is that God's agenda for us is the only one we need to worry about. We have to realize that the petty things we want to do, or the things others want us to do are not important. Yes, they are important to a certain extent, but the most important things are what the Lord would have us to do.

Remember that God made the 24-hour day! He knows how long it is, and He made it perfectly so that you can accomplish what you need, in the day light. Every day try and sit back and think about the important things you need to do, and what would be Christ-pleasing! I'm sure you will have a great day if you do so! =)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my sweet BeccaLou! It is so precious for me to be encouraged by my daughter! You helped me remember that so much of the time, my business is more due to misplaced priorities than it is about not enough time or too little of me. Thank you, I love you so much. You make me so proud even though I have so little to do with the amazing young woman you are and are becoming.

    ReplyDelete