Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lies...All Lies! (#3)

Lie #3: "If I feel something, it must be true."

Wow. If this was true, life would be so much more simple. But it definitely is false. I feel as though most people would deny they believe this, but it's one of those things where you may not believe it in word but in the mind.

"I feel like the Lord has deserted me. Why would he do that?"

"I don't feel like I'm worth anything...I must not be."

"I don't feel saved, so maybe I'm not."

The possibilities go on and on.

I know this is especially difficult for girls, considering they tend to be way more emotional and over think things. I will be the first to admit it. Sometimes, something dramatic will happen and I will let my mind get away from me. Then before I know it, I've come to a conclusion in my head and allow it to become something I truly believe in. It's ridiculous.

But JUST because you feel a certain way, doesn't mean that it is reality. Nancy Leigh DeMoss puts it so clearly, "Truth is that, due to our fallen condition, our feelings often have very little to do with reality. In many instances, feelings are not a reliable gauge of what is actually true. When we allow them to be tied to our circumstances - which are constantly changing - rather than to the unchangeable realities of God and His Truth, our emotions are prone to fluctuate wildly." 

Instead of believing in our own understanding, which is quite minute in comparison with our Creator, we need to focus our mind on the Truth that our Savior offers. "So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him which is the head, into Christ." - Ephesians 4:14-15

Whatever is true...think on such things.


No comments:

Post a Comment